Note that as communications are launched, your To-Dos will be linked to more info.
- By October 24 – Confirm your place in the program
- By October 24 – Deadline to submit application to the University of Ghana-Legon
- ASAP – Save the date for Orientation: November 5th. Required for all students: those in NYC must attend and those outside NYC will have another assignment!
- ASAP – Review introductory information on blog and communication from Office of Global Services. This includes our detailed visa instructions.
- Renew/obtain your passport! Your passport MUST be valid through at least November 2017 (6 months BEYOND the last day of your stay in Ghana). Upload a copy of your passport to OGS. This must be a scan of both the bio and signature pages of the passport (no extra objects in photo, i.e. table, hand, etc.)
- Complete the Student Information Form (even if waiting on a renewed passport).
- October 22nd: Earliest you can apply for your visa.
- International Students: Meet with an International Student Advisor at OGS to discuss maintaining your F-1 or J-1 status while studying abroad.
- Week of October 14 – Albert Course Search goes live; begin planning your schedule (make sure to have some flexibility!)
- By October 28 – Deadline to apply for the academic or non-credit internship program (details here) (11:59pm ET)
- ASAP – Apply for external study away scholarships
- ASAP – Register with the Moses Center if applicable
- ASAP – Join the NYU Accra Facebook group
- ASAP (Applications reviewed on a rolling basis) – Apply to be a Wasserman Global Peer
- Anytime – If you want to meet one-on-one, email your Study Away Advisor (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make an appointment to meet in person or via Skype!
- October 14, 12:30 to 2:30 pm – Accra Study Away Kick-Off. Come meet the students you’ll be traveling with to Ghana, as well as students who have returned from the program! Free food and travel guides. (Silver Center, Hemmerdinger Hall, 31 Washington Place)
- October 14, 10 am – 2 pm – NYU Passport Drive with the Office of Global Services (383 Lafayette Street)