Note that as communications are launched, your To-Dos will be linked to more info.
- Prior to attending Pre-Departure Orientation – Complete online Study Away Module
- Saturday, November 5 – Students in New York must attend the NYU Accra Pre-Departure Orientation.
- Week of November 14 – Register for Courses
- By November 18 – Complete Study Away Confirmation Portal (available Nov 7) and Submit Housing Reservation Payment
- November 23 – DEADLINE to obtain your Yellow Fever Vaccine
- November 28 – Mandatory Make-Up Quiz Due for all students who did not attend orientation on November 5.
- ASAP for Newly Admitted Students – Review introductory visa/immigration information on blog and communication from Office of Global Services (OGS)
- Review introductory information on blog and communication from Office of Global Services. This includes our detailed visa instructions.
- Renew/obtain your passport! Your passport MUST be valid through at least November 2017 (6 months BEYOND the last day of your stay in Ghana). Upload a copy of your passport to OGS. This must be a scan of both the bio and signature pages of the passport (no extra objects in photo, i.e. table, hand, etc.)
- Complete the Student Information Form (even if waiting on a renewed passport).
- October 22nd: Earliest you can apply for your visa.
- International Students: Meet with an International Student Advisor at OGS to discuss maintaining your F-1 or J-1 status while studying abroad.
- By November 25 – (Applications reviewed on a rolling basis) – Apply to be a Wasserman Global Peer
- By November 25 – Apply to be a Site Ambassador for the SSC
- Anytime – If you want to meet one-on-one, email your Study Away Advisor (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make an appointment to meet in person or via Skype!
- November 5 – NYU Accra Pre-Departure Orientation
- Week of November 14 – Conversation Series on Identity Abroad