The below questions are split up by topic and cover some of the common questions that arise. Hopefully these help with your planning! Feel free to email me if you have follow up questions.
Student Life & Housing
- When do I need to arrive?
- When will I sign up for housing and what are my options?
- When will I receive my housing assignment?
- Is there a meal plan?
- Can I choose my roommate?
- What is the likelihood of securing a single room?
- Can I find my own housing?
- Am I able to cancel my NYU assigned housing? Will I receive a refund?
- How do I get a phone for use abroad?
- How will I access money abroad?
- I don’t know anyone else going on the program. Help!
- What is my mailing address in Accra?
- How do I keep my personal belongings safe in the residence?
The most robust list of all academic FAQs can be found on our webpage here. The below reflects some of the most common questions that arise.
- When will I register for courses?
- How do I register for courses?
- What courses do I have to take?
- How do I get my textbooks?
- Do I need to apply to take courses at the University of Ghana-Legon?
- I have to take a certain course while I’m abroad. How can I guarantee that I’ll get it?
- Can I do an internship in Accra and how can I apply?
- What are the Important Dates of the Program?
Billing & Financial Aid
- How do I pay my reservation fee?
- What are the costs of the program?
- What Scholarships and Financial aid are available to me?
- When can I expect to receive my bill and how can I pay it?
Health & Safety
- Does NYU Provide International Health Insurance?
- Do I need to maintain my home insurance?
- What kind of coverage does the NYU International Insurance provide?
- What if I need counseling while abroad?
- Do I need vaccinations and anti-malaria medication before arriving in Accra?
- Do I need personal property insurance?
- How do I get a Passport?
- Do I need a visa and how do I get one?
- Who can I contact with questions about the Visa Process?