For those who could not attend the in-person orientation, we missed you. There were some great questions and discussions with the Global Peer Mentors.
While there is no way to replicate that experience, we are providing this version of the NYU Accra Pre-Departure Orientation Spring 2017 presentation for those who could not attend. Please ensure to read through the presentation in its entirety and complete this mandatory quiz to test your knowledge and make sure you know the essential information! This must be completed by Monday, November 28.
Some key points to remember from the orientation:
- All students must arrive on January 22. On-site orientation is Mandatory!
- Housing is ONLY available during the dates of the program, January 22 – May 20.
- All class attendance and course related field trips are mandatory. Do not book personal travel until you have arrived and confirmed your syllabi.
- Bring all the prescription drugs you will need for your entire stay. Make sure you talk to your doctor about getting a prescription for any medication you take regularly for the full 4 months. Do NOT ship medication overseas.
And lastly, here are some links to learn more!
- Inside the Wisdom Pot (15- minute film by former Accra students Christine Alexander and Madeline Farquharson)
- University of Ghana-Legon: a short video that gives a glimpse of the city and the University
- MTV Cribs Accra Edition
- Azonto dance (I’m not up to date on the latest moves, but I hear this is still popular)
If you have any questions or concerns after you have read through the presentation, feel free to email me. To be put in touch with an NYU Accra alum, email email@example.com.