We look forward to seeing those in New York this Saturday, November 5th at the mandatory NYU Accra Pre-Departure Orientation! As a reminder, this session will be held in Grand Hall, 5th Floor, Global Center for Academic and Spiritual Life ( 238 Thompson Street) from 12:00-3:00pm. Please be prepared to stay for the entire duration of the orientation.
The Orientation will discuss various aspects related to culture and identity, as well as cover your responsibilities and study away resources.* You will hear from me (your site rep) as well as students who have previously studied away in Accra. We encourage you to watch The Danger of a Single Story before Orientation. If you don’t have 20 min to spare, at least watch the first 5 min!
Here are some items to note ahead of the session:
- Be on time! In fact, please plan to arrive 10-15 minutes early. There is a lot to cover, and we will get started right at 12:00pm.
- Bring your NYU ID to swipe in.
- Bring a pen/pencil with you (there will be a worksheet to complete).
- Coffee and light snacks will be provided, but take care of yourself: eat ahead of the session if you normally would during this time.
- Come with excitement, ready to learn, and an open mind!
*Please note: This session will NOT cover aspects of the visa process. Each individual’s visa process is very different so there is not a one-size fits all approach. Our partner office, The Office of Global Services, will continue to be your main resource when navigating this. You can reach them at email@example.com or 212-998-4242.